Director EMEA Diagnostics - EUCom2
London, England, United Kingdom
The Director, Diagnostics is accountable for establishing a world class diagnostic capability for the assigned therapeutic area in line with the company’s overall diagnostic vision and strategy with emphasis on the Europe, Middle East and Africa region (EMEA). This position reports to the Head of EMEA and works in close partnership with other commercial peers outside the EMEA to provide aligned and structured support to the EMEA. They will actively contribute to creating the diagnostic vision for the company and executing successfully against this strategy specifically for the assigned franchise. The Director EMEA Diagnostics will also partner closely with the New Products team in launch readiness and business development opportunities in the relevant therapeutic area.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the creation of the company’s vision of diagnostics as a strategic capability designed to accelerate patient identification across all Company therapeutic areas
- Provide functional guidance and expertise to partners in the EMEA team.
- Works effectively across the matrix including R&D and Operations to ensure clear understanding of the diagnostics strategy for the relevant therapeutic area and ensuring the strategy is aligned with business and specific therapeutic area imperatives
- Provides functional expertise and analysis regarding business development opportunities to ensure possibility for accelerated patient identification across global markets
- Builds strong relationships and partnerships with Academic centers and diagnostic laboratories to ensure disease awareness and relevant diagnostic capability
- Partner closely within the EMEA Commercial team and other country operations to ensure access to timely patient diagnosis including testing reimbursement and country guideline development in a compliant way
- In partnership with training, prepares and delivers training internally and externally
- Helps to define Orchard’s standard of testing quality and introduces robust and relevant metrics to track progress against agreed annual testing objectives
- Works to protect the company from violations of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Connects insights, data and technology to enable best decisions for the therapeutic area
- Develop internal playbook and external toolkit to implement disease specific diagnostic differentiation
- Experienced pharmaceutical professional with relevant experience in sales, marketing, diagnostics, development or new products at a country, regional or global level
- Rare and orphan disease experience with a strong patient focus
Skills & Abilities
- Analytical, with track record in delivering against goals while working in high performing diverse teams
- In-depth understanding of reimbursement systems
- Extremely strong communication, mediation and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in business or science
- Master’s degree in business and/or a scientific discipline highly desired
- Demonstrated track record of commercial success or applicable advanced degree
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.