Regional Manager SOUTH (Germany) - Frankfurt
Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany
Location: Field-based (in Southern Germany)
Reporting to: VP and GM DACH Region
Orchard Therapeutics is a leading global, fully integrated, commercial-stage company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare diseases through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard’s portfolio of ex vivo autologous gene therapy programs has demonstrated sustained clinical benefit in over 150 patients across five disease areas. These programs include Strimvelis®, the first ex vivo autologous gene therapy approved by the EMA in 2016, three advanced registrational studies for metachromatic leukodystrophy (MLD), ADA-SCID and Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS), clinical programs for X-linked chronic granulomatous disease (X-CGD), transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia (TDT) and mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS-I), as well as an extensive preclinical pipeline.
Orchard is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: ORTX) with offices in the UK and the US, including London, San Francisco and Boston.
The Regional Manager SOUTH is a field-based position that serves as a direct link between Orchard Therapeutics, Health Care Providers (HCPs) and other relevant contact partners in the Southern Region of Germany (North Rhine-Westphalia in part, Rhineland-Palatinate, Hesse, Thuringia, Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria).
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager of the D-A-CH-Region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) and collaborating closely with other members of the D-A-CH-Team, the incumbent is directly responsible for representing Orchard Therapeutics gene therapy product and development programs to medical professionals and 3rd parties specializing in the management and care for ADA-SCID and MLD patients. Targets are primarily in the university hospital area (+/- 30 centres) but may include focussed activities in the office-based are, too. Over time additional products and indications are expected to be added to the portfolio.
The incumbent handles all operational aspects of biopharmaceutical interactions with HCPs and other related contacts including, but not limited to: scientific-medical communication and education, patient identification, access and reimbursement support, opportunistically identifying new opportunities for commercial and scientific growth and overall building and maintaining trustful professional relationships. Hereby the Regional Manager plays an important role in operationalizing improvements of standards of care in the area of defined rare diseases with high unmet medical need. He/she works cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources on all relevant areas of concern.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
- Establishes, manages and maintains successful relations with relevant health authorities, key opinion leaders (KOLs), HCPs, patient organization and payers
- Increases awareness through appropriate scientific information and education
- Creates consultative, solution-oriented partnerships by meeting regularly with key stakeholders to understand and discuss ways Orchard Therapeutics products and development programs can meet their identified needs
- Facilitated cross-collaboration between referral and treatment centers and their stakeholders to optimize patient care
- Drives initiatives to advance patient identification and expedites diagnosing
- Uncovers regional product access issues as far as appropriate
- Provides HCPs and other hospital staff with training and assistance in the indicated use of the product
- Communicates in a timely fashion on effects, side effects and counter-indications/risks of drugs and notifies the Pharmacovigilance (PV) Department
- Collaborates with commercial and scientific colleagues to share best practice and to contribute to Orchard Therapeutics life-cycle-management and create opportunities to inspire future development
- Develops and executes a region specific and integrated action plan across all relevant areas of the communication mix in order to achieve the defined territory goals
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management
- Ensure the development of core behaviors with a constant concern to meet legal, regulatory, ethical and social responsibility standards required by local laws and company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as appropriate
- A minimum of 6 years sales/key account management experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related environment
- Experience supporting orphan/ rare disease or specialized drug(s)
- Previous experience in specialized clinics, hospitals and academic centers including the ability to perform complete account management tasks
- Experience working in a small but fast growing, entrepreneurial sales environment
- Proven track record of successfully growing and managing a territory in prior roles
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical data and to develop strategic and actionable plans
- Hands-on experience in interacting with 3rd parties and patient organizations
- Demonstrated understanding of national and regional regulatory and access requirements
Skills & Abilities
- High level interpersonal skills. Engages with others and can impact, influence and inspire confidence both internally and externally. Confident, mature and a flexible individual with the ability to adapt to different cultures, situations and personalities and build long-term relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication (German and English) and skills including the ability to communicate complex technical information clearly.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as required, in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 75% of time) throughout assigned territory (including occasional night and weekends)
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or Life-Science discipline. An advanced degree (Master’s degree, PhD or equivalent) and/ or further qualifications are an advantage
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.