Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Senior Director Commercial Operations
Reporting to: Jason Meyenburg
The Senior Director of Commercial Operations is responsible for both the development and deployment of the support for the commercial organization in support of effective field activity as well as “knowing our business.” As a critical business partner to country level commercial teams, the Senior Director of Commercial Operations will lead a team dedicated to providing high quality commercial support and work as a key member of the decision-making process for the Orchard commercial team and regional/local markets. The successful candidate will lead the process in a number of critical areas to the business, such as business planning, performance tracking and excellence in sales execution, and as such, building a strong working relationship with the regional teams will be critical.
The successful candidate is capable of working in a multi-functional environment to help drive the success of the company. He or she should be energetic, positive thinking, confident, diplomatic, independent and entrepreneurial.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the following:
• 10+ years prior sales operations and marketing experience, preferably in a Director position with a smaller pharma or biotech company
• Particular focus on field-based team strategy/performance/data analytics, sales force deployment, customer targeting/segmentation, CRM experience
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to think strategically to improve current processes
• Experience leveraging quantitative techniques and statistical analyses in support of commercial operations
• Proven leadership in developing new business processes and moving them to automated systems and implementation
• Ability to work/lead in a dynamic group that takes a multi-disciplined team approach to executing and achieving departmental and corporate goals
• Personal characteristics will be crucial, as the successful individual needs to have the self-sufficiency, energy and drive to take this opportunity and run with it; must possess a level of comfort with working in a high-growth, fast-paced matrix environment where influencing and negotiating across an organization are a prerequisite
Skills & Abilities
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to attract talent and create a culture of collaboration and teamwork that fosters open communication, constructive conflict resolution and organizational flexibility
• High degree of emotional intelligence, displaying candor and integrity at all times
• Strong customer orientation; a passion for science-based brands that can dramatically improve patients’ lives
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Learning agility and ‘scalability’ to take on increasing responsibility as Orchard grows as an organization
• Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values
• Ability to have fun!
Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.