Franchise Lead, Orchard Therapeutics France - Paris
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Seniority: Sr Director
Reporting to: General Manager, Orchard France & Benelux
Orchard Therapeutics is a fully integrated company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare diseases through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard’s portfolio of cutting-edge ex vivo autologous gene therapy programs has demonstrated sustained clinical benefit in over 150 patients across five disease areas. The pipeline includes Strimvelis, the first EMA approved ex vivo gene therapy for adenosine deaminase severe combined immunodeficiency or ADA-SCID and six clinical-stage programmes targeting neurometabolic disorders, primary immune deficiencies and blood disorders. The company plans to submit an application for market authorization with EMA for its program OTL-200 targeting metachromatic leukodystrophy or MLD during the first half of 2020. Further submission are planned over the next 3 years for its programmes in Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome (OTL-103) and ADA-SCID (OTL-101).
In anticipation of the launch of its therapies in France, Orchard is looking to appoint a Franchise Lead, to lead the commercialization of Orchard’s transformative gene therapies. Reporting to the General Manager Orchard France & Benelux, the Franchise Lead will be responsible for delivering the company’s business in one or several therapeutic areas. This will include building trusted relationships with external stakeholders (healthcare professionals and patients organizations), and building and leading commercial operations to drive the adoption of the company’s gene therapies.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the rapid growth and success of a leading biotechnology company with a transformative technology.
- Develop trusted relationships with disease experts and other healthcare professionnals and patient organizations;
- In partnership with the Medical Director, engage disease experts via advisory boards and lead initiatives to accelerate patient identification and diagnosis, including newborn screening;
- Oversee the development of disease-related and product-related materials and their approval for use in France;
- Drive disease awareness and the identification of potential candidates for Orchard gene therapies
- Resolve issues of access to treatment by potential patient candidates to gene therapy, in collaboration with the Market Access function;
- Build a world-class commercial organization, lead and motivate the team;
- Responsible for the planning, budgeting, performance tracking and reporting to the General Manager France & Benelux;
- Role-model corporate values and behaviours; foster compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and corporate SOPs, and the pursuit of the highest ethical standards;
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial leadership position;
- Experience in rare diseases;
- Team leadership and talent management experience.
- A track record of building trusted relationships with disease experts (in partnership with the medical team) and other public influencers, to drive adoption of a therapy;
- Strong scientific acumen (MD or PhD ideally)
- A leader of people who mesures himself/herself through the success of others;
- An individual with high resilience who thrives on overcoming obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication in French and English (Flemish a plus); the ability to convey complex technical and scientific information in simple terms;
- Proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50% of time)
- First rate academic background; undergraduate degree required
- Ideally MD, PhD and or MBA from a top business school