Associate Director, Patient Access and Support Services - Boston
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Location: Field Based
Reporting to: Director, Access and Patient Services
Reporting to the Director, Patient Access and Support Services, the Associate Director, Patient Access and Support Services, will assist in the design, implementation and oversight of the patient services program. This person will be held accountable for having keen knowledge of developing a patient services program, building a Customer Relationship Management tool and establishing department policies. This person must be experienced in leading teams and possesses the ability to drive the team to achieve department and company goals.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
- Assist with development of the patient and provider service strategies and the creation of a service program that maximizes patient access to each of Orchard’s therapies. This service program will be designed to offer support to providers and families throughout the end to end treatment journey.
- Aid with assessing, selecting and managing US vendors. Help to identify partners that can support our programs with the same high standards as Orchard.
- Create and maintain best in class services for patients, families and providers in the Cell and Gene Therapy space.
- Provide leadership oversight and management for the effective functioning of all external partners including hub’s by establishing and monitoring program goals and key performance indicators
- Assess, plan and execute strategies addressing patient level barriers to product access
- Present to world renowned physicians and transplant teams as a part of the overall treatment site readiness program.
- Build and develop productive professional relationships with transplant teams at all treatment sites and internal cross -functional stakeholders (Medical Information, Clinical Thought Liaisons and other field personnel)
- Assist in designing resource tools such as the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and their roll out with the assistance of both vendors and internal cross functional teams.
- Pro-actively assess continuous improvement of the overall processes.
- Develop and comply with applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, develop and deliver presentations to senior management for all aspects related to areas of responsibility.
- Develop new processes and procedures as needed.
- Train and evaluate others.
- Attend patient meetings, conferences and trade shows as needed.
- Previous Case Management leadership experience, preferably within the rare disease space
- Experience working with CRM and supporting the build out of a patient services solution preferred
- Knowledge of Adverse Event reporting preferred
- Experience writing department Standard Operating Procedures preferred
- Internet-research and computer savvy required
- Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance expertise, and billing and coding proficiencies preferred
- Clinical, technical and scientific knowledge and aptitude in complex disease states
Skills & Abilities
- Individual must possess and portray strong team leadership and be solutions oriented.
- Individual must possess a positive attitude, exceptional listening skills and strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work both independently and in the team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, presentation skills
- Result oriented and is a team player and produces results
- Ability to handle sensitive issues with opposing opinions, work in cross functional environment and handle projects or multiple tasks
- Ability to travel required
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Care/Life Sciences/Nursing required
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.