Associate Director of Analytics and Forecasting - Boston
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Location: Boston, MA
Reporting to: Sr. Dir. Of Commercial Operations
The Associate Director of Forecasting and Analytics will be responsible for leading all forecasting and analytics activities for all commercial products. This person will be an integral partner to the leadership, product and commercial team. As a key component to this role will be the ability to process, integrate and determine the short and long range forecasts for Orchard’s gene therapy portfolio. The position will report to the Sr. Dir. Of Commercial Operations.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
- Lead forecasting and analytics activities and bring key data-driven business insights to leaders within the commercial organization in a proactive manner
- Collaborate with global brand teams, regions and markets as well as new product planning and business development to define and assess opportunities, threats and evaluate assets of interest
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Value and Access, Data management and leadership to ensure information and insights are being cascaded throughout the commercial organizations and supporting functions
- Collaborate with commercial, marketing and finance leadership to define and quantify the impact of commercial market opportunities
- Create objective patient/volume/revenue outlook and work with business units to create accurate forecasts (budget and long-range strategic planning).
- Liaison with Analytics vendors as needed
- Contribute to monthly patient reporting, analytics, and forecasting reviews for operations and commercial leadership; provide monthly updates to the business unit and leadership – outlook vs. forecast (integrating performance, analytics, CI, etc.)
- Consolidate and summarizes data for ad hoc analysis (e.g. ROI analysis)
- Minimum of 3+ years of bio-pharma analytics & forecasting or related experience is required
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization tools with data from EMR/EHR, Claims data, Sales Data, and Rx Data (e.g., IMS, Symphony, etc.)
- Strong proven leadership, analytical and communication skills, ability to collaborate cross functionally with all stakeholders in an entrepreneurial team
- Proven analytical skills. Thorough knowledge of and possess high skill level in advanced analytics and patient-based forecast modeling
- Expertise with statistical software, databases and MS Office programs (e.g. advanced Excel skills to include pivot tables, filtering, vlookup and macros)
- Experience with quantitative techniques including smoothing, regression, and simulations.
- High ethical standards, including demonstrated adherence to all corporate, Compliance, and Regulatory guidelines and procedures
- Must live a commutable distance to US Corporate Headquarters in Seaport, MA or be willing to relocate
- Less than 10% of domestic travel may be required to attend important meetings.
- Proactive in nature, actively participates and self-motivated to meet deadlines
- Detailed and structured thought process
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels in the organization
Skills & Abilities
- Experience in analytics and forecasting in Specialty or Rare Disease
- Working knowledge with data visualization and business intelligence/forecasting tools
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or other advanced degree, preferred
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.