Senior Director, Market Access - USCom3
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
The Senior Director of US Market Access will be a foundational Commercial contributor, is responsible for developing and executing reimbursement strategies with public and private healthcare plans to ensure broadest possible access to Orchard’s Gene Therapy portfolio. S/he will be a key member of the North America team and work closely with leaders responsible for Marketing, Sales, Medical and Diagnostics.
Key Elements of the Job
- Lead development of evidence-based economic value messages to communicate the value story for Orchard’s products to payers, healthcare providers and other decision-makers
- Develop and implement Market Access strategies for new and existing products, with Government and Commercial Payors, including value proposition, reimbursement, coding and contracting
- Lead contracting and negotiations with Payors to optimize patient access to Orchard’s portfolio
- Develop standard operating procedures to integrate and streamline reimbursement services
- Collaborate with marketing, regulatory affairs, KOLs and professional societies to develop a coding strategy to maximize reimbursement support among key stakeholders
- Monitor and influence reimbursement trends to obtain and ensure the best coverage-coding-payment combination.
- Participate in Market Access Forum providing input on US reimbursement feasibility, clinical evidence / health economic evidence requirements to product management to ensure that US market needs are met
- Adapt or develop US specific value argumentation (health economic publications and tools) to facilitate fast and effective market access across the product portfolio
- Represent Orchard’s Portfolio at industry association Market Access relevant activities
- Ensure that Orchard’s products are appropriately registered at all relevant payer entities and update reimbursement rates
- Develop and train the organization in reimbursement and product value argumentation.
- Support Orchard’s business partners on billing of our products
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience in developing reimbursement strategies and obtaining reimbursement codes (HCPCs, or CPT codes)
- Experience developing value dossiers and developing HEOR from a broad range of therapy areas to ensure value proposition achieve objectives among payer relationships
- Strong strategic thinking skills, ability to scenario plan, craft strategic options, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong negotiation / influence skills and the ability to work at a peer-level with experienced commercial experts in other functions
- Ability to communicate complex information in a convincing way to non-technical audiences
Experience in building and leading teams and driving high standards for individual and team accomplishments and talent development
- Bachelor’s or Master´s degree in Business, Finance, Health Science, Management or Health Economics required; MBA preferred.
- 12+ years of experience – including specific experience with Orphan/Ultra Orphan reimbursement
- Willingness and ability to travel –50%, some international travel expected
Learn more about our company and what it is like to work at Orchards Therapeutics by visiting:
We look forward to receiving your application!
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.