Research Associate, Analytical Operations - P19-7
Menlo Park, California, United States
Location: Menlo Park
Reporting to: Associate Director, Analytical Operations
Orchard Therapeutics is a leading global, fully integrated, commercial-stage company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare diseases through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard’s portfolio of ex vivo autologous gene therapy programs has demonstrated sustained clinical benefit in over 150 patients across five disease areas. These programs include Strimvelis®, the first ex vivo autologous gene therapy approved by the EMA in 2016, three advanced registrational studies for metachromatic leukodystrophy (MLD), ADA-SCID and Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS), clinical programs for X-linked chronic granulomatous disease (X-CGD), transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia (TDT) and mucopolysaccharidosis type I (MPS-I), as well as an extensive preclinical pipeline.
Orchard is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: ORTX) with offices in the UK and the US, including London, San Francisco and Boston.
We are seeking an innovative, motivated and results-oriented candidate, who thrives on increasing levels of responsibility. You will be joining a dynamic team responsible for the development and characterization of clinical-scale manufacturing processes for therapies. The successful candidate will help to develop, optimize and qualify/validate analytical methods for the characterization, release and stability testing of lentiviral vector products and cell therapy drug product.
Key Elements and Responsibilities
- Perform process-related sample testing, analyze and compile data
- Assist method development and qualification to meet program needs and timelines
- Transfer methods and reagents to internal or external manufacturing facilities
- Summarize and present experimental finding in team meetings, participate in discussions and author tech report
- Actively contribute to successful development, qualification and execution of robust, state-of-the-art analytical methods for characterization of Lentiviral vector and cell therapy drug product manufacturing processes.
- Contribute to relevant and impactful innovation programs to enhance product characterization technologies.
- Contribute to project technical teams to ensure effective integration at all levels. Communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Demonstrate strong accountability as well as good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Details-oriented, quick learner and with hands-on
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in laboratory notebooks and technical reports.
- Present data to scientists and management in internal venues (technical and project team meetings).
- Position requires the ability to stand for extended periods of time and be able to weight appropriate for the skills and abilities listed below.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent sterile technique and hands on experience with tissue cell culture required
- Familiarity with, qPCR, ELISA, ddPCR, enzyme activity assay, FACS, and fluorescence -based methods
- Familiarity with Virus titration methods, copy number determination, integration site analysis, and molecular biology techniques desired
- Strong ability to analyze complex data in a quantitative and objective manner
- Comfortable in a fast-paced company and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
- Experience with automated liquid handling equipment and procedures desired but not required
Education & Experience
- Research Associate - B.S. or M.S. in Life Sciences field
- 2+ years of experience in a within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology industry or academia
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify