Senior Buyer/Planner - FM18
Menlo Park, California, United States
Location: Menlo Park, California
Reporting to: Director, Facilities
Orchard Therapeutics Limited is a global biotechnology company dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to children with severe and life-threatening orphan diseases. The company has been founded in November 2015 and is rapidly expanding its operations in the EU, US and in other regions.
Orchard’s portfolio of autologous ex vivo gene therapies includes Strimvelis, the first autologous ex vivo gene therapy approved by the European Medicines Agency for adenosine deaminase severe combined immunodeficiency (ADA-SCID). Additional programs for neurometabolic disorders, primary immune deficiencies and hemoglobinopathies include three advanced registrational studies for metachromatic leukodystrophy (MLD), ADA-SCID and Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome (WAS), clinical programs for X-linked chronic granulomatous disease (X-CGD) and transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia (TDBT), as well as an extensive preclinical pipeline.
Orchard Therapeutics, North America (OTNA) is looking for an individual to be responsible for the procurement, purchasing and administrative tasks involved in the procurement of GxP materials, supplies and equipment at their Menlo Park laboratory facility.
- Identification, research, enrollment and qualification of vendors
- Oversees purchase requisition process, ensuring consistent use of policies and procedures, in conjunction with finance and procurement
- Educate employees on procurement and purchasing processes, rolls and responsibilities
- Demonstrate continuous improvement in procurement and purchasing, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Creates and processes purchase orders, in accordance with documented processes for purchasing of all controlled materials, non-controlled materials, consumable items, other supplies and equipment as needed
- Communicate with Management and Stakeholders regarding purchase order status, purchasing volumes, capacity/material issues, remedial action plans and other reporting criteria through the generation of monthly metrics and KPI’s
- Facilitate cost savings, quality and continuous improvement projects
- Review proposals, work with procurement for negotiation of pricing with suppliers, advise business on vendor selection
- Establish, review and execute vendor contracts (in partnership with procurement and Legal)
- Interact with suppliers. Maintain and enhance positive business relations with suppliers
- Work closely with Materials Management for material planning, stocking, distribution, purchasing and continuous improvement to processes
- Works closely with Accounts Payable and materials management teams to make sure all goods receipts and invoices are posted against purchase orders in a timely manner
- Maintains a high level of quality and compliance with regards to all aspects of purchasing
- Works with Capital Procurement on capital equipment and material purchasing
- Responsible for department budget input and generation, budget management and tracking, budget reconciliation and accrual in conjunction with the buyer/planner budget planning and activities
- Leads and participates in weekly/monthly Supply/Planning review meeting for tech ops, materials management and ensures appropriate follow up of agreed upon actions
- Other duties as assigned
- BA or BS Degree with 6+ years of experience in Life Science, Medical Device or Biotech industries
- Strong negotiation and vendor management skills are required
- Strong computer transaction skills in Microsoft Office software, NetSuite and other ERP business applications required
- Strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail, ability to work independently
- Must be able to: multi-task, be flexible, work in a close-knit team-oriented atmosphere, and have the ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to work with all levels of employees and to effectively manage vendor relations
- Experience with project management is required
- APICS Certification preferred
- An ability to be productive and successful in an intense work environment
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including a stock option plan. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; access to a voluntary 401(k).
Orchard Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.