Senior Category Manager - Fin5
Menlo Park, California, United States
Orchard is in the early stages of developing its Procurement function and is looking for a highly self-motivated individual to help drive the Procurement organization along its transformational journey. This role will be primarily responsible for sourcing and procurement related activities for Orchard’s Direct Materials/Capex globally including, reagents, packaging, instrumentation, capex, consumables/disposables, etc. This role will bring immediate positive results to the company, especially as Orchard begins building its state of the art manufacturing facility in the Bay Area this year which will also make this role integral in helping manage critical CMO relationships. This role will also be the first Procurement position co-located with the Technical Operation’s teams and Procurement will rely on this individual to represent Procurement and strengthen collaborative ties with the Technical Operation’s teams. This is an opportunity to help build a world class Procurement function within a leading gene therapy company in the biotech industry.
- Strategic category management including category strategy development, supplier negotiations, contracting, risk management, ongoing supplier management, etc..
- Demonstrate and utilize a procurement process that engages stakeholders, aligns business objectives and ensures supply continuity.
- Liaise with, consult and collaborate across functions including Operations, Quality, Regulatory, Commercial, etc.
- Analyze global market trends and communicate opportunities to Executive Management with recommended action plans.
- Act as local/regional SME for Procure to Pay processes and help develop global Procure to Pay process as required.
Must Haves:Minimum of 5 years’ experience in global sourcing & procurement roles within highly regulated industries. Proficient in strategic procurement activities including RFQ’s, “Should Cost” modeling, market analysis, Make vs. Buy, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Modeling, Supplier Relationship Management, Specification Management, etc.Ability to manage strategic and complex supplier relationships with executive level visibility.
Wants:Strong understanding of FDA, EMA and other regulatory bodies framework and approval processes including cGMP, FMD/ISO & Quality Management Systems.Knowledge of, or experience in, drug product, API or similar raw material supply chains for both clinical and commercial Life Sciences or Medical Device industry experience is preferred.
- Project management skills
- Communication skills
- Consultative/collaborative style and approach to category management
B.S. Required. MBA or M.S. preferred.