Commercial Director, France - Paris
Paris, Île-de-France, France
Commercial Director, Orchard France
Reporting to: General Manager, Orchard France
Orchard Therapeutics is a fully integrated company dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare diseases through innovative gene therapies.
Orchard’s portfolio of cutting-edge ex vivo autologous gene therapy programs has demonstrated sustained clinical benefit in over 150 patients across five disease areas. The pipeline includes Strimvelis, the first EMA approved ex vivo gene therapy for adenosine deaminase severe combined immunodeficiency or ADA-SCID and six clinical-stage programmes targeting neurometabolic disorders, primary immune deficiencies and blood disorders. The company plans to submit an application for market authorization with EMA for its program OTL-200 targeting metachromatic leukodystrophy or MLD during the first half of 2020. Further submission are planned over the next 3 years for its programmes in Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome (OTL-103) and ADA-SCID (OTL-101).
In anticipation of the launch of its therapies in France, Orchard is looking to appoint a Commercial Director France, to lead the commercialization of Orchard’s transformative gene therapies in France. Reporting to the General Manager Orchard France, the Commercial Director France will be responsible for interactions with key stakeholders including healthcare professionals, hospitals and patients organizations, to drive the adoption of the companies’ gene therapies. He/she will also be responsible for shaping and leading the company’s sales organization in France.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the rapid growth and success of a leading biotechnology company with a transformative technology in France, a market crucial to the company’s success globally.
- Identify and develop trusted relationships with key stakeholders, including healthcare professionnals (HCPs), disease experts, hospitals and patient organizations;
- Lead initiatives to accelerate patient identification and diagnosis, incl. newborn screening;
- Lead the development of product related materials and their approval for use in France;
- Build awareness of Orchard’s gene therapies through appropriate scientific information and education, and drive their adoption in the relevant patient populations;
- Resolve issues of access to treatment by potential candidates to gene therapy, in collaboration with the Market Access function;
- In collabortion with the global product supply and distribution teams, drive the effort to implement distribution channels for Orchard’s gene therapies and the qualification of trreatment sites in France; provide HCPs and other hospital staff with all training and assistance required to successfully administer Orchard’s products;
- Build a world-class commercial organization in France to support the fast growth of the company’s pipeline of late stage and marketed products; lead and motivate the team;
- Role-model corporate values and behaviours; foster compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and corporate SOPs, and the pursuit of the highest ethical standards;
- Lead the planning of commercial operations in France, budgeting, performance tracking and reporting to the General Manager, France;
- Share best practices and to contribute insights to shape the company’s business development efforts and grow its pipeline of transformative medicines;
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial leadership position in pharmaceuticals and/or diagnostics;
- Experience in rare diseases and/or specialized drug(s), ideally in a specialized clinic or hospital environment;
- Team leadership and talent management experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; the ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders at various levels of seniority;
- Excellent verbal and written communication (French and English), including the ability to convey complex technical and scientific information in simple terms;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with the suite of Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to travel extensively (up to 50% of time)
First rate academic background; undergraduate degree required; ideally with an MBA from a top business school or other relevant post-graduate qualification